David Simpson – Solicitor
Our lawyers are driven, focused and talented
David Simpson – Senior Solicitor
Qualifications – LLB BProp University of Auckland
DDI: +64 9 361 7056
Mob: +64 21 116 9841
David is a commercial property and real estate lawyer and joined Thompson Blackie Biddles in 2015 having previously spent three years in the commercial property team at DLA Piper New Zealand. David has a particular interest in the property sector. He holds a Bachelor of Property from the University of Auckland and has previously worked for a commercial real estate services firm.
David has acted on a range of property matters for both local and international clients, with a particular focus on acquisitions and disposals, commercial leasing, ground leases, developments and due diligence investigations.
Sample Transaction Experience:
- Acted for a supermarket group on a range of matters, including leasing, acquisitions, disposals, due diligence investigations and development matters in respect of the group’s multi-million dollar property portfolio
- Acted for a charitable trust in respect of its significant land holdings, including parkland, sports clubs, show grounds and a large residential property portfolio of over 100 ground leases
- Acted for an internationally owned retail chain on the on-going management and leasing of its 60+ stores across New Zealand
- Acted for a purchaser of a nationwide retail chain and advised on property aspects of the share acquisition
- Acted for a NZX listed developer and a number of private developers on the subdivisions and sales of residential development sites